Monday 5 January 2015

Navel gazing

I am what is required of me,
yet in a fleeting moment, I can be someone else.
Does it drive you mad?
Or does it urge you to look closer, dig deeper?

When you do, don't be alarmed.
Gazing at me from under a frozen lake,
looking for the break in the surface.
I'll try not to shut you out forever.

You see me as bold, but I am a coward.
My lips may be smiling, but all you ever wanted to know,
you seek in my eyes.
Puzzled and curious, a hound on the hunt,
You won't get anywhere.

Acts of fury borne from love.
Love lies and makes the distorted seem real.
I want you to see me naked for who I may be,
I just hope you aren't disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    It was the title of your blog that led me into visiting it. It reminded me of Forrest Gump's epic tag line, "Like is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get." Quite true as far as your blog and its 13 posts are concerned. It was indeed a box of assorted emotions and feelings. The most striking part about your blog is that there is no option to follow it, nor do you have any comments on your posts, and yet you carried on with elan. Hats off to you for that! It's a rarity among bloggers these days.

    Keep blogging and have a good life!

    Regards,

    Manish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Manish. To be honest,the blog was intended more for me than others ,but of course! You are more than welcome to drop by :)

    P.s:- I'll hopefully be writing soon. Sometimes I just need lightning to strike.

    ReplyDelete