Saturday 20 December 2014

Comical Malady

You guys must have heard of Murphy's law right? It states that "If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it." Of course someone will do it,judging by the various fail compilations on youtube. It's unfortunate that science has progressed far enough only to predict and not prevent. Then the dodo wouldn't be an extinct species right now, science would have found a way to save their sorry asses.

Let's look at how Murphy's law has an impact on lives:

1.Law of Inconvenient Malfunction: A device will fail at the least opportune possible moment.
This has happened to me on countless occasions. Most memorable ones are my laptop conking out on me when I SO desperately needed to finish my submissions.My otherwise content to be whirring laptop suddenly giving the death groan is a subject of recurrent nightmares.

2.Law of Cable length reach-ability: If you choose an extension cable at random, the probability that it reaches the other side of your room (where all your electronics have to be) is equal to zero.

3.First Law of Selective Gravitation: When an object is dropped, it will fall in such a way as to cause the greatest possible damage to itself and/or other objects on which it lands.
I somehow caused a 3000 page almanac to flip over on itself and land on my brand new HD. Oh did I mention the waltzing duo fell on my foot?

4. Second Law of Selective Gravitation: The tendency for an object to be dropped is directly proportional to its value.
Sounds of cracking touchscreens and ipods familiar to anyone?

5. Law of Magical parts that fit nowhere: Ever had to assemble something and be left with the simplest looking bit but have no clue where it goes?

Well mine is more a case of imaginative assemblage: Admiring my new phone, I left it on the bed for a short while. When I returned there was the tiniest screw next to it.I panicked and wondered from which orifice of my portable companion it had travelled and before I knew it I had permanently lodged a screw down the audio jack. I should have realised it fell from my head.







No comments:

Post a Comment