Friday 19 December 2014

Of Lies and Love

I am fortunate to have really good friends. In the past , I had made mistakes when it came to trusting people because I blindly trusted the people that were friends of my boyfriend at that time. Stupid, I know...your friends are your friends, you can't include the ones that just appear friendly.

I love my friends right now.I can tell them anything under the sun without fear of being betrayed. It's true, we have hurt each other, sometimes even had cold wars brewing but the important thing is we were able to move past it all. Nobody can understand you better than best friends. They know how you think, how you react, the things you love. I am fortunate.

Last night I faced an unsettling situation. A person who was previously close to me tried to slander my beliefs about some friends. Me, being a typical aquarian sought to figure things out with logic first rather than heart. So, I got swayed by his evidence but my heart knew it was all false. I'm still apprehensive about it but I like to get to the bottom of things, so I confronted this friend who supposedly did me grave wrong. Things couldn't have been more clearer because I did know what kind of a person the individual was. But how did my informant know all this stuff then? I need to be careful henceforth.

No comments:

Post a Comment